1887 (demolished 1961-62)
3214 South Michigan Avenue
This house was purchased by Illinois Tech in 1943 for use as housing for Naval V-12 students. Theta Xi moved into this house in 1955.
Formerly/Also Known As: Theta Xi house (1955-1960), Quarters 6 (1943-46), Rothschild residence (1887-unknown)
See this item on the map
See this location on Google Maps
Rothschild residence: Marc Lieberman, "Frat Row Rises From Old Wentworth Holding," Technology News April 8, 1960, 6.
Theta Xi House: Lieberman, "Frat Row Rises From Old Wentworth Building," 6.
Quarters 6: Illinois Institute of Technology, Technology Center Directory of Personnel (Chicago: Illinois Institute of Technology, December, 1945), 3.
Henry Heald to Rear Admiral L.E. Denfield, October 8, 1943, Henry T. Heald President's Papers, IIT Archives, Illinois Institute of Technology, Box 8, folder 12.
Illinois Institute of Technology, Office of the President, Annual Report of the President, 1963-64 (Chicago: Illinois Institute of Technology, 1964), 14.
Lieberman, "Frat Row Rises From Old Wentworth Holding," 6.
"Fraternities Change Quarters to Complete Mich. Ave. "Row,"" Technology News, October 7, 1955, 4.
Have a question, correction, or a story that you'd like to share about this building? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.