Military Science Building
construction date unknown (demolished ca. 1996-97)
3201 South Michigan Avenue
This building was initially leased by the Armour Research Foundation in 1951, and acquired by Illinois Tech in 1965.
Formerly/Also Known As: Richard D. Irwin Inc. Building (unknown-1941), Sampson Electric Company (1930s-1950s?), Armour Research Foundation Electrical Engineering Research Building (1951-1965), Information Science Building (ca. 1965-ca. 1972), Michigan Building (1972)
See this item on the map
See this location on Google Maps
ARF Electrical Engineering Research Building: Illinois Institute of Technology, Bulletin Illinois Institute of Technology March 1955 (1955), 3.
Military Science Building: Rolf Achilles, Guide to the Campus of the Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago: Mies Centennial Project, 1986), 24.
Information Science Building: Achilles, Guide to the Campus of the Illinois Institute of Technology, 24.
Michigan Building: Illinois Institute of Technology. IIT Bulletin 1972-74 XXXI, no. 3 (1972), 3.
Richard D. Irwin Inc. Building: "ARF Leases Irwin Building," The Technometer, November, 1951, 6.
Sampson Electric Company: “Recording Distributors.” The Billboard Music Yearbook 1943. Nielsen Business Media, Inc., 1943, 113.
Heise, Kenan, "Philanthropist, Publisher R.D. Irwin," Chicago Tribune, November 28, 1989, Accessed August 5, 2015. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-11-28/news/8903130311_1_flossmoor-community-church-richard-d-irwin-mr-irwin.
"ARF Leases Irwin Building," 6.
Illinois Institute of Technology, IIT Bulletin 1996-1998 XLXV, no. 3 (1996), 189.
Have a question, correction, or a story that you'd like to share about this building? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.