Victory Hall

No image available

construction date unknown (remodeled 1942, demolished 1944)
49 West 34th Street

Formerly a three-story apartment building, Victory Hall was purchased by Illinois Tech and remodeled in 1942 to serve as a classroom building. A wind tunnel, Chicago's first, was installed in 1944. When the Armour Research Foundation's Engineering Research Building was constructed, Victory Hall was demolished, but its Aeronautical Laboratory was retained as part of the new building.

Formerly/Also Known As: Bughouse

See this item on the map
See this location on Google Maps

See sources
Collapse sources
Names:
"Complete Bughouse," Technology News, November 3, 1942, 3.
Illinois Institute of Technology, Office of Marketing and Communications, "First and only wind tunnel in Chicago area constructed on IIT campus," Illinois Institute of Technology Press Release, January 14, 1944, 1.


Dates:
"Complete Bughouse," 3.
"Foundation Will Start Construction On Machine Shop Building This Week," Technology News, March 13, 1944, 6.

Have a question, correction, or a story that you'd like to share about this building? Contact us at digitalcollections@iit.edu.